DEILAB (pronounced day-lab) was founded on the belief that art, design, science and technology, will trigger a culture of innovation critical to our ability to compete on a world stage. Our labs focus on idea generation (ideation), iteration (prototyping), as tools for innovation using hands on LEGO projects as an activating agent in the chain of events. The programming fans out into corporate labs for adults, and summer camps, and after school labs for children and young adults.
DEILAB’s curriculum is based on mechanical, artistic, architectural design and engineering projects.
- Stimulate and develop imagination, critical thinking, and refine creative skills.
- Inform perception; engage ideation and problem solving skills
- Develop a sense of craftsmanship, and quality task performance
- Build self-confidence and the ability to imagine new possibilities
- Create an environment for team-building
Steaming Beyond S.T.E.M !
S.T.E.M + Art = S.T.E.A.M
(Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math)
S.T.E.M is an acronym for the integrated study of science, technology, engineering, and math. S.T.E.A.M adds “art” into the equation. Art is the spark that breathes life into STEM. None of the worlds greatest inventions, discoveries and advances would exist without creativity.
Art + Design are poised to transform our economy in the 21st century just as science and technology did in the last century.
DEILAB programming is built around the application of Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math (S.T.E.A.M.). These soft skills are convergent and complementary where art and engineering blend successfully to leverage the capacity of human intelligence, adaptability, and innovation.
Our unique programing empowers participants to pursue the art of making practical the application of innovation and ideation in the construction of machines, towers, racecars, bridges, and city designs.
We create meaningful group experiences in any setting where collaboration and innovation are key factors to an organizations success.
The cornerstone of the DEILAB model is to reintroduce adults to their inner-child at the height of their innovative power.
DEILAB provides all of the equipment for its classes.
For professional Development workshops:
- Our hands-on workshops are held at client locations, they’re designed to make sure you’re using your available resources most effectively to transform teaching and learning.
- Our curators have worked with groups as small as 5 and as large as 150
For after school and summer programming:
- We require open floor space in a multipurpose room, classroom or gym for project building.
- Class sizes range from 16 - 25 students.
We take great care of the space that we use, and return it to the condition when we first arrived.
LEGO® Camps, After School Programs, Parties and this & that
There's little difference between engineering & art.
The original engineers were considered artists.
“Collaboration is a social process."
"Problem solving is a social process."
"Innovation is a social process.” Aron Lee
DEILAB™ Professional Service & Team Building Labs:
- Reconnect adults with their inner-child while helping teams and organizations unlock the power of innovation through creative LEGO™ based design and engineering projects and challenges.
- Generate the kind of mental activity that has a direct correlation to idea creation and problem solving.
- Create an enjoyable environment where people learn the important role of failure, iteration, testing and concept creation.
Young adult, youth and children's, after school and summer labs have 3 objectives:
To introduce design and engineering concepts to children at an age when dreams motivate action.
To explore form, function and scale through exciting project based learning and testing with LEGO®.
To plant a seed of possibility in the mind of a child that could influence their educational path and career ambitions.